The First-Year Advising Activities (by semester) are provided below:
- Group Meeting at FYAT Initiation Day;
- Individual advising meeting before Midterm;
- Individual or group meeting after Midterm;
- Regular Adviser and Mentor contacts with students via telephone, email, and social media;
- Identify and refer failing/probationary students for remedial assistance (Early Intervention Scheme).
- Submit end-of-semester advising reports for each individual advisee.
- Savar campus visit for group meetings and consultations;
- Review academic results and challenges from previous semester;
- Establish advising system via electronic means;
- Provide academic support and advise before and after Midterms;
- Continue academic monitoring and Early Intervention Scheme.
- Individual and group advising before and after Midterm exams;
- Review academic results, challenges and progress during previous semester(s);
- End-of-year group activities and (suggested) group tours in Dhaka.
The projected activities for second and third semesters of first-year include:
- Individual and/or group activities for the Residential Semester, and once during the Third Semester back at main campus. ;
- Main means of communication and advising between student and Adviser/Mentors during second and third semesters will be via email and group communication (Facebook/TSR/Moodle);
- Some of the suggestions for semester group meetings in semester 2 & 3 include:
- First-Year Advising Day at Savar Campus during 2nd Semester;
- First-Year Volunteer Service Day (or variant) during 3rd Semester;
- Group outings to prominent Dhaka sights and activities.
- The details of these meetings will be decided on the basis of further consultations with the Faculty Advisers