MA in TESOL
The MA in TESOL is intended for aspiring and for practicing teachers of English to upgrade their professional skills and classroom practice.
- Students with a 4-year degree in English or related subjects (e.g. English/Applied Linguistics/Linguistics/Education) will do 39 credits.
- Students with a 3-year degree in English or related subjects with 2-years' teaching experience will do 48 credits.
- The program is offered in three stages. The first stage is the Certificate semester. A diploma can be obtained upon completion of the next semester. Finally, completing the third semester will give students the option of graduating with a Master's degree.
- A Bachelor's (Honours) degree in English or related subject with second division or CGPA 2.5 and above.
- Applicants who do not have this background but have a Bachelor's degree in related subject must have two years' experience of teaching.
- Qualifying in admission test in English consisting of written test and interview.
Compulsory Courses (to be taken by all students)
TSL 501 Foundation of Linguistics: Syntax and Semantics; Phonetics, Phonology and Morphology (3 credits)
TSL 502 Methods and Practice of Teaching ESL (3 credits)
TSL 503 Syllabus, Curriculum and Materials Design and Evaluation (3 credits)
TSL 504 Second Language Acquisition and Psycholinguistics (3 credits)
TSL 505 Language Testing and Evaluation (3 credits)
TSL 506 Use of Technology in ELT (3 credits)
TSL 507 Teaching Practicum 1 (3 credits)
TSL 508 Teaching Practicum 2 (3 credits)
TSL 509 Classroom Research and Research Methods in ELT (3 credits)
TSL 510 Dissertation (6 credits)
November 20th, 2017
November 17th, 2017
November 7th, 2017
November 3rd, 2017